Selecting the right grass seed for your area
Choosing a good grass seed can be confusing. There is a lot to choose from, but there are things you need to think about before making the final choice.
- Do I live in an area that has high water or rain levels.
- Am I going to put in irrigation?
- Do I like a fine looking grass?
- Do I like a thicker looking grass?
- Do I have a lot of shadey areas or trees in the lawn?
- Do I want it as a feature or will the children run around on it?
- Do I like a dark green or light green colour?
- What type of soil do I have? (Sandy or Quality Topsoil)
- Do we have a lot of heat and humidity during the summer season?
All these types of questions need to be reviewed before you make the final selection.
Grass seed types suit different soil environments
In the Tauranga, Mt. Maunganui and Papamoa areas, you have such diversity in the soil type, that it is a good idea to choose a good hardy type grass seed, which will develop (long term a good heardy lush lawn plant.
For Papamoa and the Mt Maunganui area, you need to seriously consider Irrigation, especially if you have access to a bore / water system. Why, you ask, this is due to the fact that you have (especially during summer) head and humidity. So making sure that you choose the right grass seed is important.
If you have any questions or queries on what is right for your lawn, give us a call on 543 1172.
Top Quality Grass Seed Suppliers – Turf Lawn Care. Call 07 543 1172.